Friday, March 20, 2009

Custom Recording Icon for Google Maps

It took me 3 different outings/walks to cover my whole Star Shaped Drift 1 Area Map and to capture all my sounds and I decided to make my own custom recording icon, to use on my Google Map, to show where I captured my main sounds. It was a fun to create and a great way to add more personalization to the mapping experience.


UPDATE:
Well, how frustrating.

Google Maps doesn't appear to be very stable with custom icons. As much as I would like to use this icon I created, the icons are only showing up 1/4 of the time when you look at my Drift Area Map.

Since I don't want my map to be completely absent of sound markers 3/4 of the time, I'm changing them all back to generic markers. I took a screen-shot before changing the markers back, so at least you can see how cool it could have been:


The Silver Lining: The icon ended up a little too detailed anyways for a Google Map icon. When it gets smaller, you can't really tell what it is suppose to be.

But still, a total bummer.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment