Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Walk - Fail, But Rainy-Day Recording Practice

After I had gotten my windscreens created, I packed everything up and I was off on my first walk to capture sounds. To my dismay it was freezing out, and by the time I thought I found an interesting first sound, my hands were frozen and it began to rain. I didn't want to get the equipment wet, and I had stupidly forgotten my umbrella in the front hallway when I left, so I circled back.

I returned home disappointed, damp and very cold. However, I found a really cool sound awaiting me at home. The rain was hitting the kitchen pantry's window in a weird pattern, so I decided to do some recording practice in the house and captured the rain hitting the twangy old window. Listen to it by clicking here (1 min 43 secs). I caught an air plane going overhead in this recording as well, which was a nice bonus.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment